Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fancy seeing you here!

For the past several months, I have been completely consumed with grad school.  This has resulted in everything and everyone being put on the back burner for entirely too long.  I have a terrible habit of becoming overly stressed which makes juggling a social life with work and school seem impossible.  I feel like I have been a bad wife, daughter, sister, friend, employee... the list goes on.  Good news though!  I am on break until June!  I am so excited to get some relaxation in, catch up on DVR, clean my house, work on house projects, and, most importantly, spend time with the people I love the most.  Since I am ALL about lists, I thought it would be fun to write a Summer Break To Do List.  So, here goes...

Summer Break To Do List
  • Apply to Checkpoint 1 - Teacher Education
  • Clean the house
  • Set up lunch or dinner dates with friends
  • Get lots of family time in
  • De-popcorn upstairs ceilings (so far, I've done 2 of the 4 rooms upstairs)
  • Paint upstairs rooms (waiting on the hubs to finish smoothing out the de-popcorned ceilings)
  • Write my observation teacher a thank you note
  • Go to a concert (Done!  With a few more on the books.)
  • Read for pleasure (Loving this!!!)
  • Go to the pool
  • Take a nap (I am usually not a nap girl, but I took one today and it was AMAZING!)
  • Catch up on DVR
  • Go for a hike with the hubs
  • Go to the beach for a long weekend
  • Get a head start on some assignments or reading for next semester (yes, I am a nerd)
  • Study for the GACE (I take the Middle Grades Social Studies Gace on June 16th)
I know I am leaving lots off, but this is a good start.  As you can see, it's a mix of work and fun, with emphasis on the fun.  I haven't had a summer break where I wasn't working full time since 9th grade, so I couldn't be more excited to get my first real summer. :)

HAPPY SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment