Thursday, June 16, 2011

Holy Stripes

Earlier this week, I mentioned my dreams of transforming my half bath into this:

Young House Love

During my hookie day, I painted the poopy brown walls a beautiful ivory.  Sherry and John at Young House Love said that it took them under 4 hours to transform their ivory bathroom into the striped heaven displayed above.  I foolishly thought I could do the same, so I planned to conquer the stripes one night after work.  Boy, was I wrong!  It took me an hour and a half to do one stripe.... Yes, I said ONE.  Don't judge.  Needless to say, I got completely discouraged and, after a much needed hug, the hubs encouraged me to call it quits for the night and offered to help me try again on a weekend when we don't have any time constraints.  Who knows when we'll get to the stripey fun, but right now I am fully enjoying the brightness of the ivory on the walls.  It is SUCH a big difference and makes me smile every time I walk by.  It's also a good reminder that it's okay to take my time with things and just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment